2010年12月17日星期五

gloomy replica Baume & Mercier watch character of which

Then came the ten commandments; the thirty-ninth chapter of Job, and a few other passages from Scripture. The next in the order, that I never varied from, came Cowper’s Castaway, which was a great favorite with me; the solemn measure and gloomy replica Baume & Mercier watch character of which, as well as the incident that it was founded upon, made it well suited to a lonely watch at sea. Then his lines to Mary, his address to the jackdaw, and a short extract from Table Talk; (I abounded in Cowper, for I happened to have a volume of his poems in my chest;) “Ille et nefasto” from Horace, and G?the’s Erl King.

After I had got through these, I allowed myself a more general range among everything that I could remember, both in prose and verse. In this way, with an occasional break by relieving the wheel, heaving the log, and going to the scuttle-butt for a drink of water, the longest watch was passed away; and I was so regular in my silent replica Chanel watch recitations, that if there was no interruption by ship’s duty, I could tell very nearly the number of bells by my progress.Thank god well have books, and plenty of em, with us, on board Syzygy. Richard Henry Dana was so overjoyed to discover six-month-old newss that he pored over them, again and again, for a week, until I was sure there cold be nothing in them that had escaped my attention, and was ashamed to keep them any longer.

Im bringing the complete works of Shakespeare.At sea, he saw pirates. He learned some new sea shanties. He saw one of those singular things called catamarans. He sailed across the equator. He experienced a gale, and learned how to reef quickly, without sogering. He experienced man-killing weather for 20 days straight weather that ripped replica Franck Muller watch apart sails, weather that blew like scissors and thumb-screws. He experienced the glory of sailing 1300 miles in seven days, and the glory of sealing a wooden boat so well that even smoke couldnt find a way out.He wrote a thrilling chapter on rounding Cape Horn; it features snow, hail, fog, and sleet; violent wind; seas breaking over the bow, burying half the ship up to their chins.

没有评论:

发表评论